ICAGAM413A Design and create 3-D digital models
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
EasyRPL is the Leading provider of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for ICAGAM413A Design and create 3-D digital models. We focus on Skills Recognition for the full qualification. If required we can organise gap training where needed.
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to design and create 3-D models.
The unit applies to concept artists, games designers, games programmers, animators and other personnel working in the game development industry.
Required skills include:
communication, teamwork and literacy skills to:
- complete workplace documentation
- interpret and clarify written or verbal instructions
- respond constructively to feedback received from other team members
- work as a member of a production team, both independently on assignment and under direction
initiative and creativity skills to design, visualise and create 3-D digital models of a range of inanimate objects
self-management and planning skills to:
- meet deadlines
- prioritise work tasks
- seek expert assistance when problems arise
technical skills to:
- make backup copies of files and store appropriately
- manage files and directories using standard naming conventions and version control protocols
- use industry-current software applications to design and create 3-D models to specifications.
Required knowledge include:
- 3-D digital model design techniques
- 3-D digital modelling techniques
- basic knowledge of the stages in the production process from initial design through to finished product
- common issues and challenges that arise in the context of designing and creating 3-D digital models
- features of a range of delivery platforms
- geometry as it applies to the design and creation of realistic 3-D digital models
- OHS standards as they relate to working for periods of time on computers
- roles and responsibilities of project team members in the relevant industry sector
- scale, form, weight and volume.
Critical aspects for assessment and evidence requird to demonstrate competency in this unit
Evidence of the ability to:
design and create 3-D digital models that:
demonstrate efficient use of geometry and attention to detail
meet creation design parameters
work collaboratively with development team and meet deadlines.
The range statement relates to the unit of competency as a whole. It allows for different work environments and situations that may affect performance. Bold italicised wording, if used in the performance criteria, is detailed below. Essential operating conditions that may be present with training and assessment (depending on the work situation, needs of the candidate, accessibility of the item, and local industry and regional contexts) may also be included.
Requirements may include:
assets for integration
collaboration with other team members
Purpose of 3-D digital models may include:
demonstration of processes and procedures
Production documentation may include:
Production may include:
digital media products:
virtual worlds or environments
filmed events or performances
Relevant personnel may include:
3-D designer or concept artist
head of department
other technical and specialist personnel.
Software may include:
3-D Studio Max
Delivery platform may include:
personal digital assistant (PDA)
other digital devices.
Reference materials may include:
concept drawings and designs
direct observation of actions to be simulated in 3-D models
real object on which models are to be based
Progressively refine may relate to:
achieving required shape
achieving required topology.
Integrity may include checking aspects of:
scale of models relative to other components in final sequences.
Format may include:
Licensing & Regulatory Information
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of endorsement but users should confirm requirements with the relevant federal, state or territory authority.